Professor Karim Chamari is a former elite windsurfer who participated in the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, and an amateur football player. Prof Chamari is one of the most active Sport Science Researchers in the fields of Ramadan and also Football (soccer). He authored more than 370 scientific manuscripts and 22 book chapters, and has a Google-Scholar H-index of 88 (to December 2022). Prof Chamari led the Tunisian Research Laboratory ‘Sport Performance Optimization’ of the National Centre of Medicine and Science in Sport, Tunis, Tunisia from its creation back in 2004 until March 2013. Since then, he moved to Doha and is now part of the injury and illness prevention program (ASPREV) at Aspetar, as Research Scientist.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology
- In 2022, he has been ranked best researcher in Qatar in the field of Medicine by the site ‘’research.com’’
- Has reached the position of Full University Professor with more than 75 published articles (2010).
- He has been Head of the Research Unit/Lab of the National Center of Medicine and Science in Sport since its creation in 2004, until March 2013, when he moved to Doha for joining Aspetar.
- He has been fitness coach with professional players for more than 10 years in prestigious professional soccer clubs in Tunisia (Club Africain and Stade Tunisien). He has also been fitness coach of the Tunisian Youth National soccer teams and scientific consultant of the Tunisian Football Federation in 2004, when Tunisia won its first (and only so far) African Cup of Nations.
Clubs & Organizations worked with
- Tunisian Football Federation
- Tunisian Sailing Federation
- Tunisian Rugby Federation
- Club Africain, Football Club (Tunisia)
- Stade Tunisien, Football Club (Tunisia)
- CNSBS (Club Nautique de Sidi-Bou-Saïd – Tunisia)