27/09/2023 08:00 AM - 24/01/2024 04:00 PM
Aspetar Academic Writing Journal Club 2023/2024
We want to invite you to register and attend the ‘Aspetar Academic Writing Journal Club’—a unique online learning experience!
Starting on the 22 February 2023, you will be able to join the Aspetar academic writing community’s journal club—a safe online space where we learn together by presenting and discussing the peer reviewed work of experts in the field. We will spotlight the work of Prof Lorelei Lingard and other authors who generously share their knowledge and expertise on academic writing in the open access Writer’s Craft section of the Perspectives on Medical Education Journal The writer's craft | SpringerLink. The sessions will cover a wide range of topics to improve our academic writing practice, including a series of grammar pearls designed to help us to produce stronger memorable research manuscripts.
Overall learning objectives:
- On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Critically appraise publications on academic writing
- Apply academic writing knowledge and skills to their own writing
- Discuss some of the principles of high-quality academic writing
- Collaborate with peers on skillful academic writing
Last Wednesday of every month (July August summer break):
- 22 February 2023
- 24 May 2023
- 27 September 2023
- 25 October 2023
- 22 November 2023
- 24 January 2024
4:15pm – 5:15pm (GMT+3)
Live sessions via Microsoft Teams.
QAR 50 for 6 sessions (must register for all 6 sessions, no option to register for individual sessions)- Free for Aspire Zone staff by registering using your work email address
Allied Healthcare Practitioners, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians, Others (Sports Scientists, Coaches, Researchers)
- This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section (DHP-AS) and is approved for a maximum of 1.0 hours
- Activity Code: HGI-03-P99
- 1.0 CPD credits per session (6.0 credits total for the first year of the activity).
- Certificates will only be issued to attendees who register and attend the live session.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Paul Dijkstra (Chairperson), Sofie Nelis (Co-chairperson), Faten Smiley, Dorothy Lechicki, Argyro Kotsifaki, Mohammed Alsaey, Nisrine Sawaya, Zainab Al Sarraf, Athol Thomson, Reem AlKuthairi. The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Click here to view Agenda