Dr Marcelo Bordalo is a musculoskeletal and interventional radiologist arriving at Aspetar from University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil, where he served as Director of Radiology at the Orthopedic Institute and Director of Musculoskeletal Radiology at the Institute of Radiology for the last 17 years. He also directed the Musculoskeletal Radiology department at Hospital Sirio Libanese in Sao Paulo, one of the main healthcare providers in Brazil. He has edited 6 books, including the musculoskeletal volume of the Brazilian College of Radiology series, and has authored +30 book chapters and +70 peer-reviewed publications.
Dr Bordalo is a member of several professional organizations, including Brazilian College of Radiology (CBR), Radiological Society of North America (RSNA,) and International Skeletal Society (ISS). He completed his medical school, radiology residency, and musculoskeletal fellowship training at University of Sao Paulo Medical School. He also did a musculoskeletal radiology fellowship at Universite Catholique de Louvain in Brussels, Belgium, and at Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York, USA.
Dr Bordalo is passionate about aggregating value to imaging studies, adding value based service to clinical and surgical services in orthopedics and sports medicine through communication, education and innovation.
- Medical doctor (1996, University of Sao Paulo)
- Radiologist ( 2000, University of Sao Paulo )
- Board certified in Radiology (2000, Brazilian Medical Association).
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) radiology Fellowship (2001, Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium)
- MSK Radiology Fellowship (2004, New York University, New York, USA)
- Ph.D. Doctor in Radiology, University of Sao Paulo, 2016. Orientation: Dr Giovanni Guido Cerri. Thesis: Magnetic Resonance Imaging accuracy in diagnosis of traumatic brachial plexus lesions.
- Board certified in Interventional Radiology (2019, Brazilian Medical Association)
- Chief of Radiology, Orthopedic Institute, University of Sao Paulo Medical School (2005-2022)
- Musculoskeletal Radiology Coordinator, Radiology Institute, University of Sao Paulo Medical School (2005-2022)
- Chief of Musculoskeletal Radiology, Hospital Sirio Libanese, Sao Paulo, Brazil (2005-2022)
- Member of International Skeletal Society (2012 -), Refresher course committee (2016-2017, 2018-2019, 2020-2021, 2022-), Outreach Program committee (for Central and South America, 2021-)
- Skeletal Radiology Consulting Editorial Board (2018-)
- Musculoskeletal coordinator, Brazilian College of Radiology (2011-2013, 2014-2016, 2019-2020)
- Musculoskeletal Coordinator, Paulista Society of Radiology (2005-2007, 2011-2013, 2017-2019)