Aspetar’s vision is “To be a global reference center in sports medicine”. Aspetar’s global reputation has been forged through:
- International athlete visits to Aspetar for Injury Management, Rehabilitation and Sports Science services;
- Accreditation as both a FIFA and AFC Medical Centre of Excellence;
- Strong global education and research collaborations as one of only 11 IOC Research Centres worldwide for prevention of injury and protection of athlete health;
- World-stage research and education through strong existing partnerships with world-class universities (including La Trobe University, the University of Oxford, Oslo Sports Trauma Research Center, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Partnerships with Continental and international sports clubs and federations (e.g, IAAF, European Football Clubs & National Football Federations).
Aspetar is continually looking to raise awareness internationally on its services and expertise within the international sports’ community.
The Office of International Medical Affairs was established to support and deliver Aspetar’s international strategy.
Aspetar is here to support all levels of international athletes. National team members and club-based athletes. Olympic and World Champions – past and potential future. Aspetar is committed to ensuring that our internationally renowned and highly skilled medical professionals are always available to treat the athlete using the latest facilities and techniques. This is why International Athletes choose Aspetar.
If you are an international athlete seeking access to the specialized medical care in Aspetar, our Office of International Medical Affairs is here to support you.
Partnerships and Agreements:
We have Partnerships and Agreements with Federations, sports clubs, and players from around the world.
- In 2014 Aspetar was recognized as an International Olympic Committee (IOC) Medical Research Network Hospital, confirming us as an IOC Research Centre for Prevention of Injury and Protection of Athlete Health
- FIFA Medical Centres of Excellence … In 2009, Aspetar was officially accredited as a ‘FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence’ by the FIFA Chief Medical Officer, making us the first sports medical centre in the GCC region to receive this honour.
- We have medical partnership agreements with a number of European football clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain and Tottenham Hotspur FC.
- Aspetar are supporting the Algerian Football Federation and have a partnership with INSEP (France's National Institute of Sport, Expertise, and Performance).
- Through the National Sports Medicine Program, Aspetar provides the medical coverage to the many international sporting events that are held in the State of Qatar.
If you would like to discuss developing a project or partnership, please be in contact: email@example.com
The Office of International Medical Affairs is led by Dr Hakim Chalabi, a worldwide Sports Medicine Expert with a wealth of experience of more than 30 years in multiple International Sport events at the highest level and premiership games.