Dr. Maria-Carmen Adamuz is Spanish trained Cardiologist with experience in both Clinical and Sports Cardiology. She has been the Medical Chief in a number of international top-level competitions including the 2005 Mediterranean Games, 2005, 2006 and 2007 FISA TEAM CUP and the 2006 SPAR European Cup in Athletics. Between 2004 and 2007 she became the Director of the Centro Andaluz de Medicina del Deporte (Andalusian Center for Sports Medicine) and in 2010 the Head of the Cardiology Unit at the Complejo Hospitalario de Jaen, Spain. Working with both elite athletes and diseased individuals for more than a decade, Maria-Carmen has considerable experience in dealing with the common inherited and acquired cardiac pathologies that affect young athletes.
- 2006 Córdoba University, Córdoba, Spain - Master (MSc) in Business and Administration of Health Institution.
- 2002 Education Ministry, Madrid, Spain - Cardiology Speciality (Cert. Cardiology).
- 1996 Córdoba University, Córdoba, Spain - Doctorate (PhD).
- 1991 Córdoba University, Córdoba, Spain - Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.B. B.S.).
- 2013 to date Consultant Cardiologist, Sports Medicine Department at Aspetar.
- 2010-2013: Head of the Cardiology Unit at the Complejo Hospitalario de Jaen, SSPA, Spain
- 2007-2010: Consultant Cardiologist at the Valle de los Pedroches Hospital, SSPA, Spain.
- 2004–2007: Director of the Centro Andaluz de Medicina del Deporte (Andalusian Center for Sports Medicine), Junta de Andalucia (Andalusian Government), Spain.
- 2005-2013: Invited Professor at the School of Sports Medicine, Cádiz University, Spain.
- 2005: Medical Director XV Mediterranean Games.
- 2006: Medical Director SPAR European Cup in Athletics.
- 2005-2007: Medical Director of XI,XII and XIII FISA Team Cup (3).
- Invited Professor by the following Universities in Spain and Mexico at Postgraduate, Graduate and Undergraduate education: Pablo Olavide University (Sevilla) 2008, Jaén University 2007, Oviedo University 2007, Insituto Politéncnico Nacional (México) 2007 and 2009, Cordoba University (1992-2000).
- Referee in Sports Cardiology at “Archivos de Medicina del Deporte” (Spanish Journal of Sports Medicine).
- Editorial Director of the Journal “MD: Revista Científica en Medicina del Deporte (ISSN 1698-9775)”, from January 2005 to June 2007.