07/12/2021 12:35 PM - 18/12/2021 12:35 PM
Aspetar Joint Restoration Conference “Knee Cartilage Injuries in Sports”
Registration is now open .... It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend the Aspetar Joint Restoration Conference “ Knee Cartilage Injuries in Sports ” on 16-17 December, and two exclusive workshops – Rehab & Surgical Skills- on 18, December 2021.
Participants will have the opportunity to attend sessions highlighting the newest developments in joint restoration and cartilage repair led by the world’s renowned leaders in this field in collaboration with the highly experienced Aspetar staff.
Overall Learning Objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explain the epidemiology, extent of the problem in athletic population and long-term impact
- Discuss pathophysiology, anatomy, clinical and radiological diagnosis and treatment algorithms
- Discuss indications for conservative treatment, conversion to surgery and proper rehab strategies
- Discuss all surgical techniques with special focus in Technical tips, immediate results and mid and long-term outcomes
- Outline the best evidenced practice in measuring the outcome and designing surgical treatment and rehabilitation
- Develop skills by using hands-on and interactive learning with the Faculty
DHP Accreditation Statement:
The HGI-03-P92: This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section (DHP-AS) and is approved for a maximum of 17.5 hours.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Emmanouil Papakostas-Orthopedic Surgeon/ SPC Chair, Khalid Al Khelaifi- Co-Chair/ Orthopedic Surgeon, Marco Cardinale-Sports Scientist, Marine Al Hammud- Medical Consultant, Ibrahim Al Hussein- Director of Nursing, Ken Van Alsenoy- Head of Podiatry, Liesel Geertsema- Sports Medicine Physician, Javier Arnaiz- Chief of Radiology, Konstantinos Epameinontidis- Physical Therapist, Evlambia Sidiropoulou- Strength & Conditioning Coach, Khloud Sebak- CPD Coordinator
Date and Location
- Date: Thursday, 16-18 December 2021
- Time: 07:30am - 04:45pm
- Location: Conference -Torch Ball Room, beside Aspire Zone Ladies Club
- Workshops Location - Aspetar-Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital
- Target Audience: Orthopedic Surgeons, Physicians, Radiologists, Physical therapists, Physical Coaches, Sports Scientists, Podiatrists, Nurses