21/05/2022 08:45 AM - 21/05/2022 03:00 PM
Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners workshop
Aspetar, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine hospital, is organising a workshop called Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners on 21 and 28 May 2022. The two-day workshop will be delivered by Aspetar experts from different backgrounds and fields.
The workshop is designed to support healthcare professionals in developing a healthy and compassionate work environment, thereby further improving patient experience. Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners is an interactive workshop where attendees are invited to learn by taking part in Q&A sessions, problem-solving activities, and analysis of scenarios requiring real-life decision-making.
Made up of four core skills - self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management – emotional intelligence (EQ) is the foundation for a host of critical skills and the strongest predictor of high performance.
The aim of the workshop is to enhance and improve healthcare professionals’ self-awareness and self-regulation in high stress environments. Participants will learn to identify, and manage the source of their behaviour, and learn how to handle the triggers of their emotions for the benefit of clinical care, health care outcomes, patient satisfaction, and team morale.
Overall Learning Objectives:
- Define emotions, intelligence, and emotional intelligence and its role in effectively interacting with patients and colleagues.
- Describe the competencies of emotional intelligence and its impact on patients’ satisfaction and foster working relationships.
- Demonstrate understanding of self and others using Personality Assessment Report to become aware of how your individual personality type preferences impact on the style of care you give.
- Explain the impact of emotional intelligence on healthcare work environment and patient provider relationship
- Recognize the role of emotional intelligence in professional and personal decision making to improve human interaction.
- Develop Personal Emotional Intelligence Development Plan for each competency to improve cooperation with patients and colleagues, release work related stress and enhance communication.
Date and time:
- 21 May 8:45 am – 03:00 pm
- 28 May 8:45 am – 03:05 pm
Click here to view the agenda
This course will be conducted in Apetar in accordance with MoPH guidelines regarding COVID-19. All participants will be asked to keep a social distancing of 2m and wear masks. The space we provide is ventilated, surfaces are disinfected, and hand sanitizers will be available on site. Learning materials will not be shared amongst participants.
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity Category 1 as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section and it is approved for a maximum of 10 hours
Scientific Planning Committee:
Khalid Ali Al-Mawlawi (Chair), Abdulrahman Al-Mulla, Ayesha Masood, Dr. Liesel Geertsema , Michael Saretsky, Sean Mccrudden.
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Ms. Daniela Khidir has nothing to disclose
CME/CPD Unit Staff have nothing to disclose.
We look forward to seeing you soon!