23/09/2023 08:00 AM - 27/09/2023 03:00 PM
Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners
Please join us in September for the Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners.
- Event: Emotional Intelligence for Healthcare Practitioners
- Date: Saturday, 23rd September and Saturday, 7th October 2023
- Time: 08:45 to 15:00 (both days)
- Location: Aspetar, West Expansion, 3rd floor, Let’s Play Wellness Room
- Target Audience: Allied health professionals, Physicians, Nurses, Others (Healthcare Administration)
This workshop is designed to support healthcare professionals and other staff to foster a healthy, empathic, and compassionate work environment contributing to improved patient care. This will be an informative and inspiring interactive activity, which will have great educational benefits for attendees who will have a chance to share and discuss knowledge in the field.
Overall Learning Objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Define emotions, intelligence, and emotional intelligence and its role in effectively interacting with patients and colleagues.
- Describe the competencies of emotional intelligence and its impact on patient satisfaction and fostering professional relationships.
- Demonstrate understanding of self and others using the Personality Assessment Report to become aware of how your individual personality type preferences impact your care style.
- Explain the impact of emotional intelligence on the healthcare work environment and the patient-provider relationship.
- Recognize the role of emotional intelligence in professional and personal decision-making to improve human interaction.
- Develop a Personal Emotional Intelligence Development Plan for each competency to improve collaboration with patients and colleagues, release work-related stress and enhance communication.
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions-Accreditation Section and is approved for a maximum of 10.0 hours.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Khalid Ali Al-Mawlawi (Chair), Ayesha Masood, Daniela Khidir, Michael Saretsky, Sean Mccrudden, Sofie Eline Nelis, Abdulrahman Al-Mulla.
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Registration is required to secure your spot.
Click [here] to register.
Please note that seats are limited – participants will be registered on a first come first serve basis.
Click [here] for the event agenda.
Click [here] for the location.
We look forward to welcoming you in September!
The organizing committee