20/01/2023 03:05 PM - 20/02/2023 08:15 PM
Aspetar Symposium on Medication Safety
With a great pleasure, we would like to invite you to attend the “Aspetar Symposium on Medication Safety” on the 20th of February 2023.
Unsafe medication practices and medication errors are leading causes of injury and preventable harm in healthcare systems worldwide. Globally, the cost of medication errors has been estimated at $42 billion annually.
Safe medication practice is essential to patient safety in health care delivery to prevent medication errors, adverse reactions, overdoses, and death. Achieving this requires a multi-disciplinary collaboration through applying evidence-based best practices and standards to cover all aspects of the medication management process.
As Aspetar is a center of excellence, we consider the issue of patient and medication safety a top priority, and we constantly review our practices and processes to ensure safe services and the best outcomes.
We aim to conduct a comprehensive learning activity to which we have invited subject matter experts as speakers, and other stakeholders.
- Event: Aspetar Symposium on Medication Safety
- Date: Monday 20th February 2023
- Time: 03:15 PM- 08:15 PM
- Interactive time: 70 minutes
- Location: online via Microsoft Teams
- Activity code: HGI-03-P114
- CPD points: 4.75
- Target Audience: Physicians, Dentists, Pharmacists, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals
- Cost: QAR 50
Overall Learning Objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe a medication safety culture and the vital role of leadership on national and organizational levels
- Outline policies and processes that improve medication safety
- Explain how to prevent medication errors and harm in athletes
Participants must follow these instructions:
- Download Microsoft Teams on your computer or mobile phone
- Mute your microphones during the presentation to avoid background noise
- Turn off cameras to avoid signal interference
- Please note this activity will be recorded
DHP Accreditation Statement:
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section (DHP-AS) and is approved for a maximum of 4.75 hours. This CPD activity was developed in partnership with MOPH.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Dr Zainab Al Sarraf (Chair), Dr Shimous Mohamed Elamin Shamseldin (MOPH), Dr Ebrahim Mohammadi (CPD Coordinator), Dr Nohad Abed Al Malak, Dana Elkhalifa, Christopher Mengelt, Dr Syed Sajid Ahmed, Maryam Abubaker Ba Wazir, Rizwana Saleem, Shaima Al Khaldi, Dr Sofie Nelis, Dr Asmaa Al Marwani, Toni Evans, Heloisa Jorge
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
- Please register to secure your spot Click [here] to register
- Click [here] for the event agenda
- Once registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation email along with MS Team link to the symposium.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The organizing committee