30/03/2022 08:00 AM - 30/03/2022 09:30 AM
Sports Supplement Workshop
Registration now open
- Wednesday, 30th March 2022
- Time: 8:00am-9:30am
- Location: Online via Microsoft Teams
- Registration Fees: Free of cost
- Target Audience: Allied health professionals (Dietitian, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Podiatrist), Nurses, Physicians, Others (Coaches, Dietetic Students)
It is with a great pleasure that we invite you to attend the Sports Supplement Workshop taking place on 30th March 2022. In this virtual workshop, we will discuss the evidence based sports supplements, the benefits/risks, and how to choose approved/trusted sports supplements.
CPD points: Maximum of 1.5 “Category 1” credit hours.
Overall Learning Objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of supplement classification and science-based Sport Supplements.
- Apply the knowledge of choosing safer types of sports supplements for athletes.
- Explain the benefits of the 5 science-based sports supplements.
- Explain the risks of using contaminated sports supplements and the implications of doping.
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section and is approved for a maximum of 1.5 hours.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Dr. Yasin Almakadma, Shaikha Abdulla, Lubna Alraisi, Bart Sas, Sofian Souissi, Lucia El Ghorayeb, Zainab Abdulwahab. The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Registration is required to secure your spot. Please note that seats are limited – participants will be registered on first come first serve basis. We look forward to seeing you there.
Click [here] to view the agenda