25/11/2023 08:00 AM - 25/11/2023 04:00 PM
The Aspetar Travel Sports Medicine Symposium.
Please join us on 25th November 2023 for the Aspetar Travel Sports Medicine Symposium.
This is the only international symposium addressing medical aspects of the transoceanic travel of a sports team to sport events. The faculty of world experts will talk about preparing medical equipment, developing travel fatigue coping strategies, hydration and nutrition recovery approaches, and infection reduction strategies, in addition to other topics and logistics related to traveling with athletes. During interactive sessions you will have the opportunity to engage in discussions with the experts, ask questions, and share your experiences of a sports health professional travelling overseas with teams.
- Event: Aspetar Travel Sports Medicine Symposium
- Activity code: HGI-03-P125
- Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Others (Researchers, Scientists, Healthcare Administration)
- Date: Saturday, 25th November 2023
- Time: 08:00am - 16:30pm
- Interactive time: 120 min (32%)
- Location: Auditorium, Aspetar (in person) / Microsoft Teams (online)
- CPD points: maximum of 6.25 “Category 1” credit hours
- 100 QAR in person participation
- 50 QAR online participation
Online participants must follow these instructions:
- Download Microsoft Teams on your computer or mobile phone
- Mute your microphone to avoid background noise
- Turn off camera to avoid signal interference
Overall Learning Objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Apply knowledge on Travel Sports Medicine to educate athletes.
- Develop jetlag and travel fatigue coping strategies in traveling sport teams.
- Build sport sleep, hydration, and nutrition recovery approaches to improve athletes’ travel related fatigue and sleep disorders.
- List infection risk reduction strategies and necessary travel vaccinations.
- Apply appropriate travel planning, arrange necessary logistics and prepare all needed medical equipment.
DHP accreditation statement:
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions-Accreditation Section and is approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours.
Scientific Planning Committee:
Dr Juan Manuel Alonso (Chair), Dr Celeste Geertsema, Dr Lilanie De Wet, Pierre McCourt, Dr Laith El Sanfaz, Marco Cardinale, Dr Zainab Al Sarraf, Nancy Abdel Karim, Skander Falfoul.
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Registration is required to secure your spot.
Click [here] to register
Click here to download the event agenda
We look forward to welcoming you in November!
The organizing committee