Aspetar’s team of experts create individualised plans and will make sure your hydrotherapy programme is tailored to your needs to maximise these benefits.
Aspetar’s Rehabilitation department currently has two hydrotherapy pools available for our patients. One, a resistance pool, is excellent for observing the technique of swimmers through viewing windows, the second larger rehabilitation pool features such high-class equipment as underwater treadmills, which are used to safely address an injury by implementing exercises to reduce pain or improve our patient’s range of motion, strength, and functional activity.
Aspetar hydrotherapy pools are specifically heated for patients: with a temperature between 28 and 32 degrees . The temperature is used to reach the maximum level of muscle relaxation and comfort.
Aspetar’s highly qualified staff follow an evidence-based approach to address the problems that are most important to the patient, and care is taken to establish an accurate diagnosis and to develop a treatment programme based on each individual diagnosis.
Using hydrotherapy as part of your physiotherapy treatment can lead to many benefits such as:
- Reduced pain
- Faster recovery from surgery
- Re-education and encouragement of normal movement
- Allows standing in those who are unable to weight-bear out of the water – the buoyancy effect of water
- Improved walking technique
- Improved aerobic fitness levels
- Improved balance and coordination
- Increased strength of weak muscles
- Increased range of movement of your joints
- Improved independence and function
- Improved circulation
- Mobilising and lengthening your muscles
- Improve self-confidence
- Reduce the fear of falling
- A relaxing and calming experience