Comprehensive analytical services are available in the following disciplines:
- Phlebotomy - collecting blood for analytical testing and research;
- Chemistry/Immunochemistry - a range of blood tests across a spectrum of requirements and the study of the immune system;
- Haematology - the study of blood and blood diseases;
- Coagulation - the study of the clotting activity of blood;
- Microbiology - the study of micro-organisms that can include any number of algae, bacteria, fungi, protozoa and viruses;
- Serology/Immunology – tests that focus on proteins made by the immune system and the study of immune effects within the body;
- Referral services – logistical and administrative support for off-site analytical testing, including COVID-19 screening.
By utilising extensive knowledge of both basic sciences and best clinical practices, the experts in the Laboratory offer a full spectrum of services which provide support and direction to Aspetar’s healthcare strategy.
Aspetar’s experienced staff also provide consultation services when required, and additional consultation and referral services are available through joint alliances with Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) in Doha and the Bioscientia Referral Laboratory in Germany.
The Laboratory handles a multitude of tests for both inpatients and outpatients, applying innovative diagnostic testing that is designed to prevent new, and manage existing diseases. Test results are always efficiently processed and available within a timely manner for the attending physician or other authorised personnel.
By utilising extensive knowledge of both basic sciences and best clinical practices, the Laboratory offers a full spectrum of services which provide support and direction to Aspetar’s healthcare strategy.
In the treatment of injuries, Aspetar believes that prevention and preparation are essential; this is reflected in our screening programs, education of athletes, and research. By integrating cutting-edge research with daily clinical practice, both in the hospital and on the playing field, and providing outstanding care to athletes at all levels as part of our on-going mission to ‘assist athletes to achieve their maximum performance and full potential,’ Aspetar offers a complete solution in the field of sports medicine.