The Nursing department is an integral part of Aspetar and our staff are at the forefront of the excellent service that we provide to our patients. From arrival through to departure, our nurses work closely with our patients to ensure their stay is as comfortable as possible and they are educated on their clinical visits, surgery, and aftercare. We are committed to delivering excellence in nursing care and we strive to set an example of competent, compassionate, culturally sensitive, person-centred,and value-based care in service to athletes, as well as the general public.
This is accomplished by, but not limited to, the following:
- A diverse and well trained nursing team contributing to the richness of the patient experience.
- Members of the nursing team participating and contributing their expertise in multiple committees and councils.
- Creating, contributing, and leading multiple clinical services such as cast clinic, iron clinic, dressing service, and PRP to optimise patient experience and maximise efficiency.
- Continuously investing in enhancing the team’s quality, safety, and competence mindset through accredited professional education activities.
- Having regular updates on advances in theoretical and clinical practice relevant to Aspetar scope of service through clinical competencies and accredited education developed by the Nursing Education team.
- Aspetar nurses applying their knowledge and expertise to the care of patients and athletes, integrating the high standards and unique work environment of Aspetar to provide an unparalleled patient experience.
- Participating in clinical research and quality improvement projects.
- Aspetar nurses being part of a talented interdisciplinary team of surgeons, sports physicians, pharmacists, patient educators, dietitians, social workers, and other healthcare practitioners.